Monday, May 10, 2010

Sonoma Valley



I took this photo back in March of last year. I am astonished that this was not one of my first posts on this blog. Coming out here from New York, this is the image that I had in my head of what Wine Country was all about. The beauty, the simplicity, and the f***ing good wine.

This is a pond that sits on top of the winery itself. The winery is built into the hill. When walking up to the tasting room you feel like you are walking into a WWII bunker. If you were standing on the other side of the hill you would have no clue that a winery was inside. The great thing about building a winery like this is that it is naturally cooled by the earth. There is no need for air-conditioning, which means your wines are being created in a natural environment. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment