Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Long Exposures




Well for all your readers out there (8 total from what I can see) a special treat you way. TWO PHOTOS! I am a huge fan of long exposure shots. I wanted to share a couple with you today that were taken in two different settings (one day, one night), but both had over one second exposures.

For the cat picture: I took it last night while I was wondering around MTV (aka Mountain View). I put my camera on the sidewalk, prayed that the cat would sit still, and set the shutter for two seconds. Luckily it only took one try to get the image right.

For the picture of the rocks: I was on a hike with GF near Juno Lake California. At about two miles up there was this incredible stream that we sat around for awhile and just listened. I perched my camera on a rock and had to try ten different exposures before I was able to get the image the way that I wanted.

For the rest of the week I am going to focus on night shots and long exposure pictures. Let me know what you think each day. Well let's face it, if one person comments on this site I will be more than excited, even if you just comment HI!

2 comments: