Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First of many

Hello readers! I am a photographer born and raised in Long Island, NY and now living in Northern California.

I didn't used to think of myself as a photographer but over the past few years my camera has become an extension of myself. I've seen myself turn a corner from taking everyday photos to taking photos that capture both my personality, and the beauty that I witness daily.

My goal for this blog is to upload one photo a day and to give you a little history behind the photo and what I feel inside when I look at it.

While I will try my hardest to keep this post as personal as I can, I live with my girlfriend who has more of a grammatical background then I do. I will leave it in your hands to guess if I single handedly wrote a blog entry OR if there was a little help from a grammatical fairy. I'll give you a heads start. The first three paragraphs came from the fairy.

----------------------------------------------------------

For my first picture I wanted to share a shot from my previous weekend adventure. While in San Rafael over the weekend, my GF and I (GF does not stand for grandfather as I have learned people think that it does. You can interpret GF as GirlFriend, or in this blog's case, the Grammatical Fairy) stumbled onto a place called China Camp. This was a location that Chinese immigrants stayed during the mid to late 1800's. While here they grew the largest shrimping industry on the West Coast. Over time they were pushed out by the "Top Guns" of the shrimping industry.

Knowing the history that did take place here I see this dock as truly speaking its age. As a person gets older they get a little wrinkly and bent out of shape, and so has this dock. In every bend and gap there is a little bit of history. From an art standpoint, using the boathouse entry way as a natural frame worked out as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment